Sunday, January 30, 2011

Let's Table the Issue...

Last week was my unofficial "Take a Week off of Blogging," so now I'm back in business! For the girls' first birthday, Aunt Cassie gave them a really cute Fisher Price dollhouse that comes with a Mommy, Daddy, baby, and a few items of furniture including a mini table and chairs, a kitchen set, and a little toilet.

Last week, I noticed that Claire continually kept picking up the pink table to play with it. She is now pretty much obsessed with this pink table. Last Friday, she picked it up at 9am, took it into her crib with her and held onto it the entire time she was napping, put it down for lunch, then picked it back up again and held it the whole way in the car to the store, then continued holding it in the store and on the way home in the car. I finally took it away during bathtime, so that eventually she wouldn't take it in her crib at night. She loves this table!

Yeah, so, what's the big deal about that?

I finally figured out the fascination - she can put her thumb all the way into the base of the table, so for some reason, she is enthralled with that and as soon as she spots that table in the morning, in pops her thumb and it stays and stays and stays until I take it away.

Please, just a few more minutes with my table!

(I guess I should be glad she isn't fascinated with the play toilet - that would be a sight to see if she wouldn't let that go!)

No comments:

Post a Comment