Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Our First Photo Shoot!

Just a week ago, we took our first "real" family portraits with a photographer, and we were very pleased with the results! She suggested a little park in West University area called "Helen's Park," which I highly recommend. It's a small space, but it has a really pretty waterfall, bridge, overhead wooden roof structure with greenery, and my favorite, the wooden arch door with the ivy wall. It's a perfect spot for traditional pictures with options for some creativity as well. Apparently, in spring, the entire park is covered in flowers, so we'll be heading back there soon once the weather warms up.

The day of the photo shoot was picture-perfect weather, with the exception of one little detail: it was about 40 degrees outside and I had bought a little three-quarter sleeve shirt for the girls to wear, so we did the best we could and just wrapped them in blankets in between poses. Also, the shoot was scheduled right during their morning naptime (but when is it NOT naptime?), so they hung in there for a good 30 minutes before melting down. Overall, I was super pleased with the pictures and the backgrounds and hope to use her again next year!

I've included just a few of my favorite pictures from last Saturday:




LOVE these: the wooden door was my favorite!!

My favorite family picture:
Caroline waiting patiently while Mommy and Daddy got their pictures made:

Poor little Claire needed a nap right about now!

Paul and I haven't had professional pictures taken of us since our WEDDING, almost four years ago, so it was about time!

Overall, I was very pleased to have gotten several "framers" from the session, and look forward to next year's shoot in much warmer weather!

1 comment: