Thursday, January 13, 2011

One Year Stats...

On Monday, the girls had their big one-year checkup, and it's always interesting to see what they weigh or how much they've grown. After nine months, their growth starts to flatten out, so I wasn't too surprised to see that they hadn't put on a lot more weight since our last appointment.

Claire at one year:

Height: 29.75 in (38%)
Weight: 19lb, 11oz (43%)
Head circumference: 17 in (7%)

Caroline at one year:

Height: 29 in (30%)
Weight: 19lb, 13oz (48%)
Head circumference: 17 in (7%)

Our "little" girls are doing great, especially for being preemies! It does look like they'll be wearing the 12 month size for a while since that goes up to like 24 pounds. They are still coming in about a month behind developmentally, but that will even out as they get older.

My favorite story about the girls is about weaning them off the bottle this week. For months, I was looking forward to getting rid of the bottle, and hating to wash so many of them each day, so I had started weaning them off a couple of feedings a few weeks ago, using a sippy cup instead. We were still feeding them with the bottle at nighttime, so I was a little worried about letting go of that last feeding. I asked the doctor, and she said that it would probably be 3-4 nights of h**l to get them off the bottle, so I was prepared Monday night for the transition. However, true to form, the girls did not even cry and went to bed perfectly without the bottle. Every night since then, it's like they didn't even miss it and they are doing just fine! So thanks again to my very, very easy babies for letting me off the hook on this one!

Probably my favorite thing about the girls' turning one so far is this:

NO MORE expensive formula or time-consuming breastmilk! Plus, it's SO easy to just pour the milk right out of the carton into their cups. I'm loving it!

No comments:

Post a Comment