Thursday, January 6, 2011

It's the Little Things...

I'm sure every parent says this, but it's funny to see how out of the blue, one day one of the girls just starts developing a little trait or habit that I know I didn't teach them, but they somehow just figured out how to do it. Of course, it is always the cutest thing to see, and so I'm sure the more I praise them for doing it, the more they are motivated to continue the behavior!

Lately, Caroline has started clasping her hands above her head, and now she'll do it if I prompt her. Many times, she'll raise a toy above her head or hide one eye behind the toy to play a game with me. I've noticed, though, that just in the last month, they really seem like they are conversing with me, just without words!
Claire's latest thing is that she'll reach towards me all the time - while she's eating, sitting, playing, or even lying down. She will grab whatever she can - my arm, my leg, and squeeze it to her and kind of pinch my clothes with her hands. I guess that is her way of giving me a hug, but it's the sweetest thing ever. Just in the last day or so, while she's reaching towards me, she makes this little, "unh, unh, unh," noise that shows me that she wants something. Like I said, they can't talk, but they sure can communicate with me now!

No comments:

Post a Comment