Sunday, January 16, 2011

Give me some space...

During the last few days, it's been really cold outside and not really worth taking any excursions outdoors. Bundling up two little ones, loading them into the stroller, and trying to run errands is not too easy anyways, let alone on a freezing cold day!

So, we've been spending a lot of time "reading" at home - I try to read out loud to the girls a little each day, but I also give them a lot of books to let them look at. They love those "touch and feel" books, but more than that, they just love turning pages constantly. I hope that they will love reading as they get older since I think it's the most valuable hobby in the world!

Now that the girls are a little older, they have been doing a great job "sharing" their toys and playing nicely. The only time where they have a little friction is when they get in each other's spaces. In the stroller the other day, Claire started playing footsie with Caroline and was cracking up, but Caroline didn't think it was so funny and started "fake" crying.

Both of them have perfected the art of the "fake" cry now, but I just look the other way when they do it. I will do anything NOT to encourage any more drama than necessary. Caroline is showing her demonstration of that here since Claire is kind of in her space. Poor Claire doesn't really know what to think!

1 comment: