Sunday, June 20, 2010

Two Pink Bumbos for Sale

One of my favorite shower gifts for the girls were the Bumbos I received. I had never used these when I used to babysit, but I thought to myself, "What a great invention and how easy to use for feeding or letting a baby sit up on a table or play on the floor or whatever. How convenient!" Most of my friends who have babies said they couldn't live without their Bumbos and that they could set their babies in them and they'd sit for hours. When I registered, I quickly added these to my list, just waiting for the time when the girls would be able to use them.

The first time I placed the girls in their Bumbos, they were probably just barely 3 months old and their little heads kept falling to the side, and after about 10 minutes, they started crying to get out. I chalked it up to their being so little and young, and thought that I'd try again in another week. A week later, same thing happened, so I put the Bumbos in the closet and thought I'd try in a few weeks.

A few weeks later, the girls lasted only about 5 minutes in their Bumbos before arching their backs and crying with their arms in the air. Frustrated, I put the Bumbos back in the closet again!

During the last few weeks, now that they are over 5 months old and can hold their heads up well, I have tried every day to make the Bumbos work. It looks like these will not be in the cards for the Culbertson girls! They will last about 2-4 minutes max, and then they both start arching their backs, tossing their toys, and crying like they are being held down or something. Needless to say, I'm VERY disappointed and now I have two basically brand new Bumbos that look like they won't be getting any use anytime soon.

I happened to snap this picture during the first two minutes the girls were actually enjoying their Bumbos...although Claire (on the right) is already starting to get that tell-tale look on her face that says she wants out!


No comments:

Post a Comment