Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Five Months Today!

Today is the girls' five month birthday! It's unbelievable that the girls are finally to this stage! I know that from now on, each month will just be more and more fun and interactive as they begin to really start exploring and moving around a lot more.


A few "new" favorites the girls are doing now:

1. Laughing! My new fave...The best was yesterday when I was changing Claire's diaper, I happened to get some of the mess on me. As I was wiping the mess off my arm, she began laughing really hard, and I couldn't believe her timing!

2. Squeezing and grasping onto my neck and shoulder when I hold them...they don't wobble and just sit immobile so much anymore, but give my shoulder a little massage when I'm holding them.

3. Making faces and "phhhbbbttt" noises with their tongues...Claire especially is enthralled with this new trick she's learned and she constantly has saliva dripping down her chin now because all she does is spit!

4. Sitting against my waist when I'm sitting on the floor...this is a great position for reading to them or playing with toys now that they can sit against something more easily. They aren't totally digging their Bumbos yet, but hopefully they will soon!

Today, we visited the doctor for a quick weight check, and Claire is 13 pounds, 6 ounces, and Caroline is 13 pounds, 3 ounces. He was extremely pleased with their weight gain (averaging about 2 pounds per month now), and we start cereal in about 2-3 weeks, so we'll see how that goes! I'm sure I'll be in for lots of laughs then! Better get the mop ready!

No comments:

Post a Comment