Monday, June 21, 2010

Big Sis, Little Sis

Lately, the girls seem to be more and more aware of each other when they play. People ask me all the time if they know when the other one is missing (like in another room), but I'm not sure yet if they do. Both girls watch me intently while I'm holding the other, or when I'm finishing feeding one while the other has finished, so I know at some level they are aware that there is another baby there. Mostly, they just stare at each other when we are playing. Lately, the closest thing to interacting is mostly done by Claire. Anytime they are on a blanket, especially on their stomachs, she immediately reaches out her hand and starts scratching and grabbing onto Caroline's clothes or her arm. Caroline seems pretty oblivious to it, but every now and then she'll turn and look at Claire (we're still waiting on hair...where is it?):

Claire loves watching Caroline, and many times if Caroline is crying, Claire will reach her hand out and start scratching on Caroline like she's comforting her. Even though they were born the exact same minute, Claire is still the "big sister" and so she's taking her role seriously!

No comments:

Post a Comment