Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Twindividuals

Yesterday, the girls had their 4 month checkup and immunizations, and the big news is that they are back on the same track and weigh EXACTLY the same again! When they were born, they weighed exactly the same, and now Caroline has caught up to Claire and they weigh the same again. They are now a whopping eleven and a half pounds - still in the bottom 5% of their age group. But, that is to be expected since they were preemies. They are now in the bottom 10% of their height, so at least they are catching up a little in that category! They are still wearing 0-3 month clothes size, and they have about another pound or so to gain before they'll be able to wear their 3-6 month size clothing, which is good because I bought all of their summer clothes for hot weather in that size!

I had a feeling that going to the doctor might not work out so well for Claire because she had not napped very well at all the first part of the day. Sure enough, as soon as we got into the examining room, she had a meltdown and cried nearly the entire time, and then screamed once she got her shots. Of course on the way home, she fell fast asleep in her infant seat. In the last week, she has started trying to cram both fists into her mouth as often as possible - I guess we must be starving her over here! I think she is plotting something in this picture.

Caroline was much more calm during the whole exam, and just cried really quickly when she got her shots and then stopped. I was just glad that she didn't contribute to the whole meltdown process yesterday! She's trying to play catch up to her sister and although she weighs the same, she is still about an inch shorter than Claire at this point. They also share the exact same head circumference, but their head shapes are very different, so that's pretty interesting! The doctor said that's due to their placement in the womb.

Finally, last night, I made it to my first "Mothers of Multiples" (KAPOM) meeting in Katy. The group has a range of ladies of all different ages and backgrounds, but all of them share a common bond - we all have multiples, mostly twins! Two or three of the members even have TWO sets of twins! I love my twins, but I sure would prefer that not to happen to me! They have playdates once a month or so, and bigger events centered around holidays, so I'm hoping to get a little more involved with that group and meet some other moms and twins! It was really fun to hear some of the funny stories from the moms with older twins - I can't wait to see what my girls will do very soon!

1 comment:

  1. They are precious! What a great idea to have a blog.

    ReplyDelete