Sunday, March 27, 2011

Spaghetti Time!

One of the girls' favorite meals is spaghetti...not the canned kind, but good, old-fashioned homemade spaghetti with meat sauce. In fact, they love any kind of ground meat dish - lasagna, tacos, hamburgers...so I try to plan one meal a week with ground meat so they can have all the leftovers. I think spaghetti was one of the first real "meals" I ever fed them, and they would just nearly gorge themselves on it if I let them. It's funny to watch how differently they approach their trays of spaghetti - Caroline picks up one noodle at a time, and delicately places it into her mouth. The mound of spaghetti doesn't take much of a dent at this rate!
I usually have to get out the fork and help her get a little more in each mouthful or we'd all be sitting around for hours eating spaghetti!


Claire, on the other hand, picks up fistfuls of spaghetti and stuffs it into her mouth. The bib does nothing much, it's mostly a decoration while eating spaghetti!

Claire will have noodles down her arm, but that doesn't stop her! She just goes ahead and licks her arm - no sweat!
However she can get the most spaghetti into her mouth at one time, she will. No time wasted here!


I love me some spaghetti!

No comments:

Post a Comment