Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Baby Dolly

The girls' favorite toy/sleep friend is their "Dolly," a German plush doll with a rattle inside, but the attraction of this doll is her braids. They LOVE to carry her around by the braid and then they wrap the braid around their finger and suck their thumb to go to sleep. Usually I keep Dolly in their cribs, but when I get Dolly out, they love carrying her around. Since Claire had a rough weekend, I've been a little indulgent and have let her carry Dolly around all week.

Caroline was such a good sister that she, too, has gotten to carry around her Dolly all week. They are exactly the same, but I put a black dot on Caroline's to tell them apart.

Since the girls have turned 14 months, I have noticed a big change in their abilities and personalities, and even more of an inclination to start playing with each other. Now that they are mobile, this corner of the house is their favorite place to play. They go around this corner and hide and squeal when the other pokes her head around. If I'm on the computer and one of them spots me, she screams and starts laughing and gives away her position.

Yesterday, I turned around for maybe 3 minutes to reply to an email, and when I turned back around, the sweet sisters had decided to do a little cleaning for me using the wipes.

Huh? There's nothing going on here...

We're still keeping Claire in close proximity, but happy to report that she's doing very well this week. It will just take some time for all of us to adjust to letting her get back to normal.

No comments:

Post a Comment