Thursday, December 9, 2010

The Toy Box - Celebrating 11 Months Old!

When it comes to finding great buys, I'm pretty much a craigslist addict. I love finding used items for less than half the price, and frankly, the items are basically in brand new condition, so why pay full price? It's like an online garage sale, and I've discovered that I'm kind of a closet garage sale addict. So I love finding great buys online and selling items that we really don't use anymore. It's just like a bartering system in my mind.

So, the latest "need" I was looking for was a toy box for the girls. Now that we have a playroom, it made sense to me to have one central place where I could dump all of their toys and where they can find them when they are old enough to lift the lid. Little did I know when I brought this toy box home last weekend, it would end up serving as a practice bar for my new little standers! I knew that Claire could stand up pretty well on her own:

But I was excited to find that Caroline, too, has really gained strength just in the last few weeks and could also stand on her own! They have been mesmerized by the toys and love just standing and peering into the box. They cry when I take them away from the edge - I don't know if it's the toys or the standing, but it's proven to provide hours of entertainment in the last few days.

They love looking at each other as if to say, "Look what we can do now!" They love to stand on their tiptoes and try to reach into the box, but as you can see, it's a little deep for them. Funny thing is, they still aren't crawling, but I guess they figured that's for babies and they just want to skip ahead to standing and walking. Happy Eleven Months, my big girls!

No comments:

Post a Comment