Monday, December 13, 2010

Daddy's Little Girl

From the beginning, Claire has really turned out to be "Daddy's little girl." It's not that she doesn't want me to hold her or smile with me, but when her Daddy comes through that door, her face lights up in a way that I can't duplicate. At night, when I'm busy getting dinner ready or cleaning up, she loves to snuggle with her Daddy and they have fun little games they play that I've never played with her - it's like their little secret. I can just see them having a very special bond as Claire gets older.
Paul started this game where he'll lay Claire back on the blanket and covers her face and she just laughs and laughs.Never happier than when she's with her Daddy.

At night, especially when she's sleepy, Claire will turn towards Paul and lay her head on his chest over and over. She never does that with me!

She loves laying her head on Daddy. Again, never does that with me! It's so funny to me how she develops separate little habits with both of us.

I'm so thankful for the bond I had with my Dad...he always made me laugh and feel loved, so I'm just so happy to see that same bond forming between both my girls and Paul. Some guys are just made to be dads of little girls, and I knew even before I was ever pregnant that Paul was one of those guys. The girls just light up when they see Paul, but Claire especially loves to be her Daddy's little girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment