Friday, October 15, 2010

Tex-Mex

The other night, in an attempt to help the girls graduate to eating table food, I tore up some flour tortillas and shredded cheese for them to eat. Both girls initially seemed to like both the cheese and the tortillas (or at least the small amounts that actually got into their mouth vs. on their bib or tray), but they still aren't sure what to do with the food once it's in their mouth.

Claire initially seemed to like the cheese and tortilla, but after a few bites of the cheese, she scrunched up her face and pursed her lips and would not let even one shred into her mouth. Later, about 25 minutes after lunch, I had just finished feeding Claire her bottle, and I thought I saw something in her mouth. All along, I thought she was doing well eating the tortilla until I saw that same piece of the tortilla in her mouth after all that time. I guess she had just let it rest on her tongue and hung onto it even through her bottle!
Caroline was more accepting of pieces of tortilla, and I kept feeding them to her until I realized that she had about 5 pieces in her mouth and was not swallowing them! Once her mouth was full, she took care of that problem and just spit them out.

Overall, the girls have a ways to go before they become the true Tex-Mex lover that their mother is! But, they will soon realize what they are missing and will dig in with mucho gusto!

No comments:

Post a Comment