Sunday, October 24, 2010

Dewberry Farms 2010

This afternoon, we decided to head out west to a place called Dewberry Farms, a huge farm with lots of games and corn mazes and hay rides and all things fall. I've actually been wanting to go out there for years, but now that the girls are here, we figured it would be a perfect year to go check it out. My sister, Cassie, invited us to join her husband's family out there, so between all of us, we had seven kids, six of them girls (with one more girl on the way!!!).

When we first arrived, the girls weren't too sure about Dewberry Farms - and not too sure about the 90 degree heat in late October. I almost dressed them in jeans so that they would look more like fall, but I'm sure glad I didn't! It was VERY hot and sunny out there, so their little cheeks got rosy right away!
I started panicking about their legs and faces getting sunburned, so Paul tracked down some spray on sunscreen - their legs are freshly greased up in this picture! I'm happy to report that there was NO sunburn today, so that's great!

Here we are waiting in the shade for some of the bigger kids to ride some of the rides. You can see the tractor behind me pulling the haywagon to go look at the pumpkins.

Enjoying Dewberry Farms as a family! This was our first real festival outing with the girls; one of many to come I'm sure!

The girls LOVE other little kids, and Anna Grace (John's niece) quickly made friends with Claire.

Cassie and Caroline having loads of fun waiting in line for the hay ride at Dewberry Farms!
Paul and Claire waiting for their turn on the hayride.

Once we got to the pumpkin patch, the pumpkins were a little more sparse than I had hoped, but we grouped some together for the girls and got some shots anyways. They would NOT look up at us because they were so enthralled with the hay on the ground.




I think the girls could have sat out on that dirt ALL day long and played with the hay. They were completely oblivious to all of us, so I'll keep that in mind later if they get bored with all of their toys inside! All in all, we had a great time at Dewberry Farms, and we look forward to many more years of enjoying the fun there as the girls get older! Nothing like "fall" in Texas!

1 comment:

  1. Don't you love Dewberry Farm? We do! Though we skipped it this year, due to a sick baby. :( So glad y'all went! WHERE is our cold weather?! This heat is killing me - 90 degrees in late October - arg!

    ReplyDelete