Sunday, April 25, 2010

I'll scratch your back if you'll scratch mine...

The latest discovery by the girls is that they seem to really enjoy smacking and chomping on their hands! Sometimes I'll be outside their room and hear smacking going on in their cribs. The good thing about this is that they seem to be able to occupy themselves now. Caroline especially has taken to smacking on her own hands, but she hasn't stopped there. Anytime Claire's hand drifts towards Caroline's mouth, she opens her mouth and tries to suck on Claire's hand. To return the favor, she starts tickling behind Claire's ear and they both seem happy! It's really funny to watch them become aware of not only themselves, but each other! Caroline also loves sucking on clothes; anytime I hold her now, she starts licking my shoulder and starts sucking on my shirt, so I'm left with a huge wet spot on my shoulder. Their individual habits are really funny to watch and see what each girl begins to discover.
The BEST news is that the last THREE nights in a row, the girls have slept after their feeding at 11pm and made it all the way to 7am when I wake them up. They are actually both awake in their cribs, but they are being so nice to us and just hanging out in there! Claire usually manages to scoot around in her crib now, so I'll find her either sideways or completely turn around with her head where her feet started out earlier that night. I'm hoping that this is a new corner we've turned, but I won't be too upset if they regress back to waking up at 4 or 5am because I'm just so happy they've made it nearly 8 hours so frequently this week! If Mama's happy, then everybody's happy!


1 comment: