Friday, April 30, 2010

Better Late Than Never!

This week has been filled with new discoveries with the girls. We've had many turning points-they are sleeping a full 7 hours now, and have done that now an entire week without fail, so I'm hoping it's now permanent! The girls have also discovered their hands this week and just stare at them or make a fist and try to put it in their mouth constantly. I tell them that they are "eating an ice cream cone" because they look like they're holding a cone and licking the ice cream off the top when they lick their fist.

They have also been able to start grabbing toys and holding on to them, and they love to play under their rainforest activity gym and stare at the lights and grab the parrot that hangs down. Claire grabbed it the other day, but held it so long, I think she forgot how to let go!

We had our first picnic with Daddy on Thursday, but it didn't quite go as planned when Caroline decided that was a good time to have a major mess in her pants, which oozed out of her pants and all over her shirt. I had JUST taken out her spare outfit from the diaper bag to wash, so she had to wear a burp cloth home. I'm usually the queen of being prepared, but this time just happened to catch me off guard! I didn't get a picture of that - a little too nasty for this blog.

Today, we ventured out to the mall and Caroline was very chatty in many of the stores-I guess she inherited my shopping gene! I did happen to document the fact that they don't always wear the same outfit - just 99.9% of the time!
After we got home, I checked our front grassy area and saw that the Easter bunny finally found our house! Better late than never! I'm a huge animal lover and so I had to take a picture of our visiting bunny to show the girls. We're excited about our weekend and all the time we'll get to spend with Daddy!





1 comment: