Wednesday, April 21, 2010

A Great Morning!

I've never done a double take before when looking at a clock, but sure enough, when I saw that 5:35am light shining in my eyes without a noise coming from the twins' room, I couldn't believe it! More exciting than that was that they continued to sleep until nearly 7:00am, which is the time I wake them up normally. So, this was our first REAL "sleeping through the night" experience, and I am SO excited!

In all my excitement, I decided to see if the girls could sit in their Bumbos (one of my favorite gifts from my showers), and sure enough, they could! The thing I love about these is that even though the girls aren't sitting up on their own yet, it's kind of like they are, and so now I can prop them up anywhere!
Then, I pulled out The Very Hungry Caterpillar, and I was so pleased to see that the girls could see the pages and look at the pictures. It's been a great morning so far, and I'm so excited that the girls can do some new things now! I do hope they inherited my love for books and reading, so I'm going to do all I can to try to encourage that!

1 comment: