Monday, May 9, 2011

Mother's Day reflections

Being a mother (of twins) is challenging, but any time I feel like complaining or I begin to feel overwhelmed, I just think back to all the years I spent as a single and all I wanted was a family. So, that quickly makes me put things into perspective, and I just can't really seem to form the words to complain anymore.

Yesterday in church, the girls made a little craft for me and Claire is examining hers to make sure it's just right to give to Mommy.

Caroline proudly holds up her "footprint" and poem that she made for Mommy. How did she know I loved poems so much?

Later that afternoon, Claire settled on Mommy's lap for storytime. Apparently Scarlett and Jack love storytime, too!

Being a mother requires grace, sacrifice, and unconditional love, and I'm thankful for wonderful friends and mother figures who have shown me those qualities and examples for me to emulate with my own girls as they grow and mature. I'm thankful for Mother's Day to remind me of the type of mother I would like to be, and I'm most grateful for my girls -for without them, I would not even have the opportunity to be a mother!

No comments:

Post a Comment