Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Thankfulness

I love Thanksgiving...the "cool" weather (we'll just pretend this year), the gathering of family, the simplicity of the holiday, the turkey and dressing I eat just once a year (why is that?), the array of homemade pies and cakes, the beginning of the official holiday season, watching parades and football games, playing outside with kids, and sitting around too stuffed to move.

This year, it is the best Thanksgiving ever because I am so thankful for my two special blessings. All my life I dreamed of having kids around Thanksgiving and Christmas because I just feel that they make it special - and they do. Although life may not be perfect and times are busy and hard, I can't imagine a more wonderful Thanksgiving than this year with my husband and two precious girls.

Never a dull moment, but I thank God for my two girls who couldn't be sweeter and more fun.

Who's ready for some turkey? Happy Thanksgiving to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment