Thursday, July 22, 2010

Never a Dull Moment

Last week was a busy one for us Culbertsons! Paul and I celebrated our third anniversary on Wednesday the 14th, and went out to dinner while Grammy watched the girls.


Just two days later, Paul traveled out to Orange County, California, for 5 days and 4 nights to visit his grandparents, uncle, and aunt. I definitely came to appreciate him so much more by the time he came home - I was counting down the minutes until his plane landed!

While Paul was away, I had double duty all the time and finally enlisted our dog, Jack, to help watch the girls when I needed a break. I'm really not sure if he's that interested in the girls or the remnants of food on their bibs from breakfast.


We've now tried bananas, apples, plums, sweet potatoes, yogurt, and carrots so far, and the girls are doing pretty well with sampling all kinds of foods. I'm making their own baby food, but it's a lot easier than I thought and I'm sure a lot healthier! Right now they aren't eating a lot of solid food yet, so when I make a batch of something, it lasts for a few days, so that helps. We're just all glad that Daddy is home again, but happy that he had a chance to visit his family and catch up. Maybe next year we'll all try to make the trip out to California!

No comments:

Post a Comment