Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Let's Get Together

I've mentioned recently that the girls have shifted from competitive to cooperative in their playtime - something I had heard was a huge bonus with having twins, but had not seen too often in the girls' two and half years together.  Everyone asks if the girls have a special "twin language" or if I've noticed a "twin bond" between them, and I always had to shake my head no.  However, in the last couple of months, I have seen more of a change in that - they look for each other all the time now, they say the same phrases at the same time, they love doing the same activities together, and they just seem to think about the same things simultaneously.  It's really interesting (and fun) to watch, and I'm sure they will continue to be more in tune with each other as they age. 

As soon as one of the girls starts an activity, the other just joins in - they don't have to speak any words; they just seem to know what to do! 

The girls love reading and they love stacking, organizing, and making long lines with their toys...Claire especially loves this, and usually initiates the activity, sometime with Caroline assisting, other times with her as observer.
Where's Caroline?
There she is!
Examining her work to make sure it looks just right...
For Christmas, the girls received an easel from Grammy, and we've just lately been getting it out to play.  Their favorite thing to do is erase!!  I have only one eraser, but looks like I'll be going to the store to get a second soon.
 

Caroline tries out the white board.
Claire loved using the chalk board side; thankfully, the board is different from the way it was when I was younger - it doesn't produce all that chalk dust and is much easier to clean.
The other day, I was cleaning house and it seemed really quiet, so I happened upon the girls like this: 
Claire loves her sissy!  They used to be annoyed by having anyone in their personal space, but they have really enjoyed sharing chairs and giving hugs now, and apparently Claire is holding Caroline like she's her baby. 
 I remember watching Parent Trap when I was younger and wishing I had an identical twin sister who would get my every thought and action; while I didn't get my wish, I do get to watch that unfold right before me every day. I'm just waiting until they start directing their "twinness" towards me; I'm not sure I'll be ready to take on this duo when they get going together.

No comments:

Post a Comment