Sunday, July 15, 2012

Happy 5th Anniversary!

Yesterday, Paul and I celebrated our fifth anniversary!  I can remember our wedding day very vividly, and we reminisced about our special day, and how many major life changes we've experienced since our marriage - moving three times, the last time to a new city, the birth of twin girls, major job changes for both of us, and that's just the big stuff! 

Paul made our day very special - starting out with some beautiful roses and lilies that have made the house smell so wonderful.
 Then, because we just moved here and have unsuccessfully tried to get a babysitter in just a short month or so, we stayed in, but Paul brought the fancy restaurant to our house!  He spent about four hours cooking an amazing meal, starting with a candied pecan and pear salad, complete with homemade dressing.
 Next, we splurged and bought some great steaks, and he made rosemary broccoli (using freshly cut rosemary from our plant outside our door), and amazing mashed potatoes and crusty sourdough bread.  I selected the filet mignon, my favorite cut of meat, and it melted in my mouth - cooked to perfection.
 Paul selected a ribeye for his special meal.
 What's a good dinner without an even better dessert?  We got to enjoy a homemade pound cake that was topped with ice cream. 
 But, to make our anniversary and celebration incredibly memorable, Paul walked through the door with my dream come true - a tiny baby black Pug puppy!  We're calling her Minnie, and she is like a little doll.  I mean, look at that perfectly curled little tail - she is like a little piglet - just the cutest thing you've ever seen.  Now I understand why people want to dress up their dogs and carry them around with them everywhere - I think I've fallen in love all over again! 

No comments:

Post a Comment