Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Tuckered Out

Lately, both Mommy and Claire have been tuckered out. Why? Well, Claire has decided to start sleeping in a semi-sitting position, then she cries because she wants to lie back down. She is perfectly capable of lying down herself, but somehow she forgets this at two in the morning. In addition to waking up several times in the night, she now wakes up around 6:30am and just whines, and I go in there to find her sitting up in her crib, ready to start the day. Problem is, Mommy is not ready to start her day, so I usually just try to hold her for at least 30 minutes until it's 7am. The other day, I just prayed at 6:25am that she would sleep until 7am so I could just rest in bed, and thankfully, she began whining right at 7:01am. As if this wasn't enough to make her tired, she also isn't napping very well - maybe an hour here or there. Yesterday, it finally caught up with her, and after putting some clothes away in the closet, I came back out to the playroom to find Claire like this: She had fallen asleep right in the middle of playing, on top of her favorite learning puppy. She stuck her thumb in her mouth and she was good to go. She actually slept like that for more than 30 minutes, giving Mommy a nice little break (at least from one, since Caroline was awake of course). Today, she's napping a solid two hours, first time in a week, so I'm actually having some time to update my blog and check email! Of course Caroline slept only an hour, so I'm still waiting for the day when I can have a solid two hours to myself. Maybe next year!

1 comment:

  1. Maybe its because Aunt CC walked her around the backyard forever today?? :))))

    ReplyDelete