Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Slowly but Surely

Claire is quickly making her way around the house now - albeit holding onto the walls, but now, when I come back downstairs, she is standing at the staircase waiting for me.

She hates sitting, and will fuss until she can get to a wall or anything to pull herself up and stand. Today, she walked all the way from the staircase across the wall nearly into the kitchen. She reminds me of myself when I go ice skating - I make progress, but I have to cling to the wall the whole time!

Claire's characteristic trait is reaching towards anything and questioning, "Thaaat?" Her voice rises up the scale and she wants to know what "that" is. She often calls me "that," but I'm not offended. Lately, she has been using "mama" or "mommy, mommy," but she has yet to say it to my face after not seeing me for a while, so I'm not convinced she completely knows my name yet like she does Daddy's.
The rest of my day ended with our dog Jack pooping in the house (as if I don't clean up enough poop already), and Caroline helped herself to a piece for further examination. In the meantime, while trying to change Claire, I had to leave her there to wash Caroline's hands, and she crawled off without a diaper and peed on the floor. Good times here at the zoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment