Sunday, March 28, 2010

4:38am

We inherited a jogging stroller from our "Aunt" Jentry, so on Saturday, we took the girls on their first jogging stroller ride...they loved it for the entire two minutes before they fell asleep! We strolled through the neighborhood behind our townhomes to Grammy's house and visited her, but we found that the stroller does not fit through the back gate or the back door, so we were stuck with having to just sit on the driveway! It was perfect weather outside though, and I'm having fun dressing the girls in "normal" clothes now instead of their newborn sleepers constantly.


Later that night, the girls didn't wake me up until 4:38am, their first time to make it almost six hours between feeds! I was VERY excited about this milestone being reached, and although I'm not counting on it happening two nights in a row, I'm still thrilled they made it once! I had begun giving them an extra ounce at the last night feeding, so maybe it's finally taking effect and helping them sleep longer. They've come a long way from waking up at 2am to now almost 5am, so that's exciting to see such progress, especially because they were preemies!



2 comments:

  1. So glad we got to see you girls the other day! So on your bookshelf...are you reading The Help? I'm trying to read Same Kind of Different (hard to get into!), but I just finished The Help and LOVED it. Seriously, I wish I could read it again right now! I'm a bookclub and that's our current book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Help is GREAT! One of my faves. The authors of Same Kind came and spoke, and I had read the book ahead of time. Just stick with it-it's a life changer! Thanks so much for coming by; it was so fun! Can't wait to see Cassidy again! She's so fun and sweet!

    ReplyDelete