Sunday, August 28, 2011

Mystery Solved!

A few weeks ago, we had a playdate with a friend who owned the Fisher Price Laugh and Learn Learning Home, and it was a big hit with the girls. My friend let us borrow hers while she went out of town, but I decided to splurge and find one on craigslist - not an easy task because they are apparently high in demand and very hard to find! I finally found one, and thankfully, the lady lived only a couple of miles away, so we drove back home the proud owners of our very own learning home! Since then, the girls love opening and closing the door, window, pushing the balls into the chute (or down the stairs if they are bored), and peeking through the mailbox.

During the last few weeks, I've happened upon Caroline clinging to the learning house as she shakes it back and forth...hmmm, Hurricane Caroline just might knock it over one day and then we'll really have a mess on our hands!
Playing peek-a-boo never was so fun before we had the learning home!

Lately, I've heard a thumping noise quite often, followed by hysterical giggles from both of the girls. As soon as I would come back into the room to find out what was so funny, they looked mischievously innocent and acted like nothing was new. They would resume the bumping and laughing for hours on end, and I kept trying to get to the bottom of the where the noise was coming from. It sounded like one of them was stomping on the floor, but not quite...


Well....Paul actually solved the great mystery. Apparently they sit against the wall and bump their heads, making the other sister laugh and laugh. And it's not just one of them...they both do it. My first thought was, "Great, all we need are more head injuries," but then I realized, "Well, as long as they are laughing, I guess they're okay!" So on with the head-banging and laughter for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment