Friday, June 24, 2011

Around the House...

Life with a larger, very active dog has been a little more work than I had originally thought, but after living with us for about six weeks now, Scarlett seems to be settling in and is learning the routines and what is expected of her. Overall, for coming from who knows where, she is VERY sweet and tame and really loves people. She is great with the girls and never bothers them at all, and she loves to play with Jack when he's in the mood. Seeing as how she's only 18 months old, she still has a lot of "puppy" in her, so that is something I try to keep in mind each day. We've all learned one big trick with her - as long as she goes on a good, long walk (or run) in the morning, she gets all that energy out and pretty much sleeps around for the rest of the day. So, every day now, we all head outside around 8am after the girls eat breakfast and walk around the neighborhood, often stopping off at the park to swing for a little while. It's good exercise for all of us, and it ensures that Scarlett is more mellow at home.
Little Jack will always be my first little buddy...but Scarlett is becoming my big girl, too!


In other news, have I mentioned Caroline's obsession with ducks? Specifically Donald Duck? It all began at Disneyland when we got our picture taken with him, and the picture was really cute, so I framed it. Well, she spotted him in that frame from across the room and darted over to his picture as fast as she could.
She even brought sister over to take a look!


I love Donald Duck! I'm so happy to have my picture with him!




Many times, we'll just hear Caroline giggling while she stands in front of this picture now. It's fun that she recognizes him and herself in the picture!

No comments:

Post a Comment